I’ve recently been looking to improve my software estimate/scheduling/management abilities. Below are a few resources that I’ve found helpful in one way or another:
- Picking a Ship Date
- Set Your Priorities
- Evidence Based Scheduling
- The Iron Stool
- Defeating Optimism
- Schedule Games
- On Our Project, We’re Always 90% Done
- How Long Would It Take If Everything Went Wrong?
- Let’s Play Planning Poker
- How to Use Inch-Pebbles When You Think You Can’t
- Code Complete (2nd edition) – p.656-657, 666, 671-677, 827-828
This is largely intended to be a quick reference to things I might want to review at later times, so I’ll update it if I find anything new.